May grace and peace from God our Father be with you all.
We acknowledge the work done by the Coronavirus Command Council and the leadership given by our State President, Cyril Ramaposa. With the Delta variant, the virus is transmitted more rapidly and many more people are infected faster than in the second wave. This means that there will be greater pressure put on our medical professionals and health workers. Hospitals will possibly become over capacitated and oxygen might be in short supply.
Unfortunately, we all now know of a friend, a colleague or even an immediate family member who was infected and succumbed to this dreaded disease. As shepherds of God's flock, some of us have had the painful experience of conducting funeral services for those who have gone to be with the Lord due to Covid 19. There are presently many of our pastors or their family members either self isolating, in quarantine, in ICU and some have been called home to be with the Lord whom they loved and faithfully served.
In my capacity as Interim National Ministry Leader and the entire National Leadership Council of the Baptist Union, we call all our churches and fellowships to Prayer once again. For the next 14 days at least, pray for the following:
* Pray for God's intervention to bring an end to this world wide pandemic.
* Pray for all medical professional and health workers.
* Pray for all those infected that they may fully recover.
* Pray for all bereaved families to know God's strength as they mourn.
* Pray for our Pastors and Lay Leaders who seek to minister to God's people.
* Pray for our Government as they oversee the roll out of the vaccine.
* Pray for our crippling economy and the impact it has on family income.
* Please also pray for God's wisdom in the calling of our National Ministry Leader.
* Also pray for the proposed Baptist Union Assembly in October, God willing.
Let us also use these two weeks to do some spiritual self introspection as we allow the Holy Spirit of God to search our hearts as David prayed in Psalm 51.
Please do not see Adjusted Alert Level four as an inconvenience, especially for congregational worship but rather as a desperate means to restrict the possible spreading of this indiscriminate virus and for saving precious lives.
Let's unite in earnest and fervent prayer, 'Call unto Me and I will show you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3)